Sadly, summer is almost over. The hot weather and fresh breeze will soon be replaced with colder temperatures, falling leafs, and later on snow. If you feel like summer flew by and you didn’t enjoy every little second of it, don’t worry, you still have time. Add these five restaurants to your bucket list, gather some friends, and go have fun!
- Bustan, Upper West Side– With an innovative Mediterranean cuisine, Bustan offers everything from the classic humus, falafels, and lamb kebab, but also hot new takes on Burrata, filet mignon, carpaccio, salads, and fish. For a great night, order the Taboon bread, Burrata, and Fish Chraimeh. For dessert, try the delicious merengue with berries. Make sure to order a drink to enjoy your time even more. The Pomegranate Negroni was a favorite. 487 Amsterdam Ave bustannyc.com
2. Toriko NY, Greenwich Village-Ever wish you could try original yakitori (grilled chicken skewers) from Tokyo? Well, problem solved. Visit Toriko NY, a restaurant specializing in yakitori, for an amazing experience with three different tasting menus available The drinks are also a must-try and all the options pair perfectly with the food. For a refreshing finish to the night, order one of their desserts. 76 Carmine St toriko-ny.com
3. Cantina Rooftop, Hell’s Kitchen– For breathtaking views of Manhattan and authentic Mexican food, head to the home of the giant taco. Yes, you read that right. One of Cantina’s most popular item is their Big Ass Taco, which serves up to 6 people. So, get the squad together and go there for your next Taco Tuesday!
605 W 48thSt cantinarooftop.com
4. Momoya, Chelsea– If you have been craving sushi lately, visit Momoya for some of the best sushi and sashimi options you’ll find in the city. A casual and minimalist restaurant, Momoya offers a variety of fresh fish, from the raw bar to the hot cuisine. Make sure to order the Crispy Lobster Spring Roll and the Miso Black Cod. Besides all the sushi, sashimi, and signature rolls. 185 7thAve momoyanyc.com
5. Cardoncello diVino, Nomad- Last, but no least, an Italian restaurant that besides offering homemade pasta, it has two special tastings: olive oil and wine (this one only available over the summer). Make sure to try the Gnudi with cacio and pepe, and the Tortelli filled with crab meat. Both absolutely amazing. For dessert, the Panzerotti, a Nutella filled baby calzones with truffle honey. This dessert is spectacular. 43 W 27thSt cardoncellodivino.com
Credits to the restaurants mentioned above.