Renowned Chef & Top Chef Head Judge Tom Colicchio became the official culinary consultant of The Jersey Tomato Co for the relaunch earlier this year. The Jersey Tomato Co. offers Jersey tomato-based sauces that emphasize vine-ripened, garden-fresh taste and naturally healthful attributes and they recently launched a new Roasted Garlic flavor, adding to the collection that also includes Mariana, Spicy and Tomato Basil. Colicchio has created an amazing summer Seafood Cioppino using JTC’s Spicy Sauce and shares the recipe so we can cook like a Top Chef from the comfort of our homes.
Tom Colicchio’s Summer Time Seafood Cioppino
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped, fronds reserved
- 1 large leek, chopped (white and pale green parts)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fennel seed
- Salt & pepper
- 1 lemon, zest peeled and julienned
- 1 lb mussels
- 18 clams
- 8 sea scallops
- 12 large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 lb monkfish, trimmed and cut in chunks
- ½ cup white wine
- 25oz Jar The Jersey Tomato Co. Spicy Sauce
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot medium heat. Add veggies and let them sweat (do not add color). When the veggies start to sizzle, turn down the heat.
- Add fennel seed, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until veggies are softened and fragrant.
- Add ¼ cup white wine.
- Add clams, cover and steam until they open, approximately 4–5 minutes. Add mussels and lower heat to simmer until all have opened.
- Add the scallops, monkfish and shrimp.
- Add Spicy sauce, julienned lemon zest and juice of one lemon.
- Allow to simmer until seafood is cooked.
- Garnish with chopped fennel fronds and lemon juice.