Getting Cooking! Tom Colicchio shares his delicious Vegetable Bolognese recipe made with The Jersey Tomato Co. Tomato Basil Sauce or try out one of the other flavor sauces to top over your favorite pasta. Give it a try and be sure to tag @TomColicchio and @TheJerseyTomatoCo.
The Jersey Tomato Co. offers Jersey tomato-based products which emphasize vine-ripened, garden-fresh taste and naturally healthful attributes. The brand has over 1,400 retail stores placements nationwide, its four flavor profiles available to consumers are: Marinara, Tomato Basil, Spicy, and the brand new Roasted Garlic. In early 2020, The Jersey Tomato Co. introduced a brand refresh and partnership with renowned chef and notable ‘Top Chef’ Head Judge Tom Colicchio. The new packaging features Colicchio, the brand’s culinary consultant and official partner, as well as a more modern design emphasizing the red, ripe and juicy tomato to convey the freshness of the sauce.
The Jersey Tomato Co. sauces are naturally low in sodium, with no fillers resulting in a clean label product. The Jersey Tomato Co. sauces are all gluten-free, Non-GMO, vegan, and certified Kosher, with no added sugars, no citric acid, and zero preservatives.
Available at retailers including Bristol Farms, Sprouts, Fairway, Stop & Shop, King’s, ShopRite, and more. For a full list of retailers visit jerseytomatoco.com
Vegetable Bolognese made with The Jersey Tomato Co. Tomato Basil Sauce
- ¼ cup turnips, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup carrots, peeled and cut on a bias
- ¼ cup leek, sliced across (white and pale green parts only)
- ¼ cup fennel, diced
- ¼ cup celery, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup celery root, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup rutabaga, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 qt. vegetable stock
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 can or 1 cup fresh cooked chickpeas
- 10oz Pouch The Jersey Tomato Co. Tomato Basil Sauce
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large pot. Sauté the root vegetables a little at a time (so they do not steam). Season with salt & pepper as you go.
- Heat additional 3 tbsp olive oil in a sauté pan and slowly add the mushrooms in batches, being careful not to crowd the pan. Add the cooked mushrooms to the root veggies. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rosemary to the veggies along with the vegetable stock and lower to simmer.
- Add 10oz Tomato Basil sauce and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season as desired and serve over pasta or add chickpeas and kale to make a veggie ragu.