With Super Bowl LV just days away, I wanted to share with you some delicious recipes courtesy of PENNE STRAWS by Pasta Snacks, DAH! Yogurt, Candy Pop popcorn, and O’dang Foods that will have you scoring a TOUCHDOWN in the kitchen. Check out these Super Bowl snack ideas that are a must-have to elevate your stay-at-home celebration!
The first must-try snack is PENNE STRAWS by Pasta Snacks and the perfect football-themed recipe is below. This has become a consumer favorite over the last few years, gaining attention as the go-to chip alternative. The delicious taste, perfect crunch, and low-calorie ingredients are offered in the shape of actual penne pasta noodles. They’re gluten-free, seasoned to perfection, and offered in a variety of tasty plant-based flavors such as Cinnamon Churro, Mac & Cheese, Marinara, Lemon Garlic and Sweet Pepper. Made with all-natural ingredients inclusive of Lentils & White Beans, the snack is non-GMO, OUD Kosher certified, and cholesterol-free. Crafted from durum wheat semolina flour and farro, a higher protein grain for a more nutrient-dense product and baked with fine seasonings. The results are a robust taste and crispy texture throughout. The low-calorie snacks are a gently baked, healthy snack option for the entire family to enjoy. Available at pastasnacks.com plus retail stores, list on their website. A portion of all Pasta Snacks proceeds will be donated to the Ryan Seacrest Foundation across all flavor varieties throughout 2021! You can enjoy healthy, feel-good snacking with a purpose!
PENNE STRAWS’ Game-Winning Guacamole and Bean Football Platter
Featuring PENNE STRAWS by Pasta Snacks
*Works with any of their flavor varieties
- 3 ripe avocados
- A pinch of salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lime
- 1 1/2 cups refried beans
- 1/2 cup vegan Sour Cream (Or if vegan, use O’dang Lemon mayo)
- 1 Bag Lemon Garlic Penne Straws (or any flavor)
- Peel all three avocados into a medium-size bowl.
- Add juice from the lime, pinch of salt, and minced garlic to the bowl.
- Using a fork, gently mash the avocados a few times and stir all ingredients together.
- Add the Guacamole to the bottom of your favorite party casserole dish.
- Gently add the refried beans to the middle of the dish making a 2nd layer and shape into a Football.
- Utilizing a piping bag, easy squeeze decorating bottle, or straw, to, draw your field and football lines using the sour cream or vegan mayo..
- Lastly, serve with a bowl of Lemon Garlic Penne Straws (or any flavor). Enjoy!
- To purchase: shop.pastasnacks.com
Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad
Featuring O’dang Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Mayo
– 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
– 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
– 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
– 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded fresh poblano pepper
– 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
– 1 cup O’dang Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Mayo
– 2 tablespoons lime juice
– 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
– Minced fresh cilantro
– Preheat the oven to 425°. Place sweet potatoes in a parchment-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; cover tightly with foil. Roast until tender, 25-30 minutes. Cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
– Add onion, celery, poblano, and jalapeno. Combine the O’dang mayo, lime juice, chipotle pepper, salt, and pepper; pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat.
– Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
– Sprinkle with cilantro.
O’dang offers a new-to-category innovation with its line of premium chickpea-based condiments. Made with real chickpeas, O’dang dressings offer full-flavor, plant-based dressings with lower sodium, lower fat and fewer calories, in eight tasty flavor profiles. O’dang recently launched its line of egg-free vegan mayonnaise, with all three flavors available at Publix SuperMarkets. odangfoods.com
DAH! Vegan French Onion Dip
Featuring DAH! Oat+Almond+Coconut Yogurt
2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
2 medium onions minced (about 1 ½ cups total)
2 cups DAH! Plain flavor Oat+Almond+Coconut yogurt
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon black pepper
-In a saute pan over medium-low heat, add butter. When melted and hot, add onions and saute until caramelized and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. If onions begin to stick to the pan or dry out, reduce heat and add a splash of water to rehydrate onions.
-Remove from heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
-In a bowl, combine DAH! Plain Oat+Almond+Coconut yogurt, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in caramelized onions.
-Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours prior to serving, to allow flavors to meld
DAH! is the leading India-inspired yogurt company in North America. The company’s traditional, slow-cultured process makes its product lines a leader in the yogurt category. DAH! offers plant-based yogurt cups in a variety of flavors including Plain, Alphonso Mango, Field Strawberry, Wild Blueberry, Golden Milk, and Madagascar Vanilla. The latest plant-based offering to join their line is a blend of Oat + Almond + Coconut non-dairy yogurt, available in Mango Chili, Blueberry Pomegranate, Strawberry Key Lime, Cherry Vanilla, and traditional Vanilla and Plain. The 2020 Sofi Award Winning brand took home the Bronze Award in the ‘Plant-Based-Other Dairy’ category for its Alphonso Mango Almond yogurt. DAH!’s Organic Alphonso Mango Almond Yogurt also was awarded the Spark Change 2020 NEXTY Award for Best New Organic Food category. The company’s products can be found in Whole Foods, Sprouts, Erewhon, Bristol Farms and specialty grocery stores. dahlicious.com
Candy Pop by Snack Pop
To Kick Off the 55th Super Bowl game-day viewing, enjoy these low-cal popcorn treats, for your at-home celebration. Candy Pop made with Snickers® candy pieces and Candy Pop made with TWIX® candy pieces!!
For game day, this is the ultimate popcorn. They have amazing flavors like Snickers, M&M Minis and Twix candy-coated non-gmo popcorn, with Peanut M&Ms Candy Pop having just launched at Sam’s Club this week!
Full store locator on their website. Use code BigGame20 for 20% off even past game day.
This popular candy and cookie coated popcorn brand is made 100% in the U.S. with non-GMO corn and is low in sodium, at only 150 calories per serving. A portion of all Snack Pop proceeds will be donated to the Ryan Seacrest Foundation across all flavor varieties throughout 2021! Not only healthy snacking, but feel good snacking with a purpose!! Learn more @ryanfoundation
Follow them on social @eatsnackpop #candypop