Peter Island Resort & Spa’s Caribbean Food Festival makes its debut the weekend of November 11-12, 2016 in celebration of the British Virgin Island’s BVI Food Fete which takes place every November for the entire month. Peter Island Resort will host top chefs and mixologists for a weekend of delicious food, fun and culinary competition to raise funds to support the further education of the BVI’s culinary professionals.
The Festival’s talented group of Celebrity Chefs includes: Chef/Owner Nina Compton of Compère Lapin in New Orleans; Chef Ron Duprat from Haiti; Chef/Owner Alex Ewald of La Tapa on St. John, USVI; Mixologist Abigail Gullo of Compère Lapin in New Orleans; Peter Island Resort’s Executive Chef Todd Howard; Chef Joseph “JJ” Johnson from Cecil’s and Minton’s in Harlem; Chef Lisa Sellers of Carlyle Bay in Antigua; and Chef/Owner Roberto Trevino of Budatai and La Pizza La Pasta in Puerto Rico.
“We are very excited to debut Peter Island’s annual Caribbean Food Festival,” states General Manager, Scott Hart. “It’s a fantastic opportunity for local chefs to enhance and expand their skills and talents with an incredibly accomplished group of top chefs from all over the Caribbean, New York and New Orleans. With proceeds going to the Peter Island Culinary Scholarship Fund, we’ll be supporting the further education of the BVI’s culinary professionals. It’s going to be a great weekend, for a terrific cause and will undoubtedly become a much-anticipated annual event for guests, foodies and BVIslanders year after year.”
Access to the Festival’s events below can be purchased on an individual basis or an All-Access Pass may be purchased for $250 per person.
Friday, November 11th at 7pm – Taste of the BVI Dinner Competition
$100 per person
Includes a 4-course dinner with multiples of each course. Celebrity chefs and dinner guests will be the judges determining who is awarded “Best Callaloo,” “Best Seafood,” “Best Jerk,” and “Best Dessert.” Beverages not included.
Saturday, November 12 at 12pm – Chefs’ Beach Relay Race
$50 per person
Includes access to the event, 2 beach cocktails per person, and a Gourmet Beach BBQ prepared by the Celebrity Chefs during the race.
Saturday, November 12 at 4pm – Chefs Cocktail Challenge
All-Access Pass holders will receive the three top cocktails chosen by the judges and will cast their vote for the best cocktail of the three.
Saturday, November 12 at 7pm – Caribbean Tasting Menu & After Party
$155 per person
Includes a deliciously festive 7-course tasting menu prepared by the Celebrity Chefs that highlights Caribbean ingredients and uses traditional techniques. Followed by dancing and live entertainment. Beverages not included.
Caribbean Food Festival Getaway Package
For guests who wish to take part in all the activities of the Caribbean Food Festival weekend and enjoy everything Peter Island has to offer, the resort is offering a Caribbean Food Festival Getaway Package available November 10-13, 2016 for 3-nights with rates starting at $2,148 not including tax and service charges. The package includes:
• 3-nights accommodations at a rate for single or double occupancy in an Ocean View, Ocean View Deluxe or Beach Front Junior
• All-Access Pass to the Festival’s events listed in the calendar above
• BVI Foodie Welcome Kit with recipe book, local spices, rubs and Festival T-shirt
• This package is pending availability and cannot be combined with other offers
• Rates do not include 18% tax and service charges
BVI Food Fete Celebrations Rum Package
For guests looking to enjoy a taste of the BVI’s Food Fete celebrations during the region’s culinary month of November, Peter Island is offering the following BVI Food Fete Celebrations Rum Package:
• 20% off an Ocean View Room or Ocean View Deluxe Room for two people for 5 nights
• Welcome bottle of Rum & Mixers
• Full Breakfast Buffet daily for two
• Private Rum Appreciation & Cocktail Class with the resort’s rum expert including mixology instruction for making the perfect BVI Painkiller, Pina Colada and Peter Island Passion cocktail
• Book now through November 30 for dates of stay between November 1 – 30, 2016.
• Rates starting at $2,300 for 5 nights exclusive of 18% tax and service charges